Here is my newest creation entitled “Native Heritage”, it is my homage to the real true
Americans, the native red Indians. There have been much maligned and side-lined but it is them who have a philosophy in these madness times which we could use to guide our lives. There lived in harmony in there surroundings and only took what there needed and never wasted anything there took from the earth. There have a majesty and dignity that I think the west do not possess. I hope you like it. I have used acrylic and mixed media on canvas and blended the paint in some areas using cling film technique and incorporated painting certain areas with resin and set “Swarovski Crystals (c) into the painting. Here is a flavour of there philosophy….
1. Rise with the sun to pray. – Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path – Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance
3. Search for yourself, by yourself – Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration – Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. – It was not earned nor given. It is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth – whether it be people or plant.
7. Honor other people’s thoughts, wishes and words – Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of others in a bad way – The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.